With the COVID-19 pandemic still forcing businesses to make changes in the way they operate, many companies are searching for innovative methods of controlling costs and fine-tuning workflows for optimal efficiency.
Some of the factors that may affect how you do business in today’s post-COVID landscape include:
- The addition or further growth of a remote workforce
- More reliance on a Bring-Your-Own-Device environment
- More focus on enterprise mobility
- Higher security requirements as hackers focus on vulnerabilities post-COVID
- Stricter data privacy regulations and compliance requirements
There are boundless other factors that may contribute to your business’ need to keep a closer eye on your bottom line. However, one thing is certain — savvy small- and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) need tools that accelerate productivity and help foster a competitive edge in the hypercompetitive market.
Two ways your company can succeed at this task is to harness the power of print management or managed print services (MPS) to amplify operational efficiency, control costs, and reduce security risks.
Managed Print Services (MPS) or Print Management — What’s the Difference?
Both MPS and print management offer companies ways to refine their workflows and gain calculable business benefits, but each has its own application. Let’s look at how each tool can help your company thrive.
- Managed Print Services — A Service to Optimize Your Print Environment
With managed print services (MPS), you gain a team of print professionals that can manage every aspect of your print environment — from infrastructure to software.
Your MPS team will begin optimizing your environment with an in-depth assessment of your needs, goals, and your current print infrastructure.
Then, they design a fleet footprint that speaks directly to those needs and goals by:
- Relocating over- and underutilized devices
- Right-sizing your current fleet
- Providing end-user and key admin training
- Providing quarterly business reviews to help your optimization plan evolve
- Strengthen security
Benefits of MPS include:
- Better regulatory compliance
- Enhanced print and document security
- Streamlined workflows and business processes
- Improved information access
- Automated supply replenishment
- Reduced device downtime
- Lifecycle management of devices
- Rules-based print output
- Decreased waste and environmental impact
The most critical aspect of MPS is that it is a comprehensive services that covers all aspects of your print environment — including the print management aspect — so you and your staff can focus on more mission-critical tasks.
For those who want to be more involved in their company’s printing process, a print management solution is key.
- Print Management — A Solution to Manage Devices and Processes
If you want to fine-tune the way printing happens in your business, print management software offers a customizable solution for the effective management of print devices and optimization of print-related processes.
There are a number of choices for print management software, such as PaperCut — a low-cost application that empowers businesses to take control of their copiers and printers to track, control, and secure documents while reducing waste.
Print management software provides visibility into how your devices are used for more responsible printing budgets, allows for secure mobile printing, and gives you the power to limit and control printing.
Other benefits include:
- Access control and security
- Print cost bill-back abilities
- Secure pull printing from any device
- Automatic firmware updates
- Advanced job scripting
- Fast and accurate document archival and retrieval
- Mobile and Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) print availability
- Creation of advanced workflows
- Print policy application
- Administered centrally and managed easily
Users of print management software can choose which features to use — and how to apply them in their specific print environment. And, controls and features can be easily turned on — and off — as your business reacts to various changes such as market expansion, employee changes, or other shifts that require tweaks to your business processes.
Choose Verity Group for Comprehensive Coverage of Your Print Environment
Whether you want a done-for-you services such as Managed Print, or you want to have a hand in molding your print environment using Print Management, Verity Group has the right solution to take your business’ print processes to the next level.
Our team of experts in the print and imaging industry have curated the very best technologies, techniques, and methods available today and can apply them to your print environment to provide you with optimal workflows, increased security, and better efficiency.
Having trouble deciding how to manage your print environment? Contact Verity Group today and let our team of experts help you decide whether a service or solution is right for your business.